Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Maybe Tomorrow (rev.)

*
I eat and eat in order to keep going
in spite of fatigue, all I can think is I
eat too many allergenic things, my
system is weak from fighting, for a
short while I feel okay

Lying down at work is not creditable
routine, I hang in my chair wishing
for the vitality that makes one strong,
wishing to become the hard-working
kind who types on and on

My latest gaffe, a chicken twister
simply leads to burning in stomach
and throat with no energy, my throat
is still sore, I desire sleep to feel
comfortable

Yet being at the office is a triumph,
assisting June, pulling my weight,
allowing her to focus on important
things, Mr Mohapi laughing agreeably
about my lovely flowers

But my head is thick, clouds of inky
blackness descend in my mind to
break my stream of consciousness
the last antibiotics today, maybe
tomorrow I will be healthy again…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...