Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Tears We Cry (rev.)

*
Now I know what went on between
Tom Thumb and Duchess Pepper-
Tongue; Tom needed rules, given
none, received wrong ideas about
love from his absentee mom –

a legacy of discontent, a feeling of
entitlement not understanding it is
earned, never learned respect for
his superiors, especially Queen of
Serving Cinderella’s, Grandma Alice

saw only Conan the Barbarian who
did not revere anyone or the Queen
of Hearts preening in Alice’s care
without either honouring her; must
have concluded love is worthless

Like I did when I was small, appalled
as the Queen of Hearts disagreed
her rejection of Grandma Alice set a
bad example – couldn’t see there was
a difference and Conan the Barbarian

a tortured soul not even knowing he
meted out punishment for the pain
suffered in a warped childhood -
Tom Thumb disdains good deeds,
seeing evil conspiracies within

the Duchess loves him while
he rejects affection vehemently
seeking redress of self-imposed
deprivation to prove he is right
surmising Life is against him

I empathise, fighting the same
feeling in my youth, escaping the
clutches of despair through books
on spiritual love, all that is left
the tears we cry...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...