Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not One Of Those

*
In Jenny by Paul Gallico
Tom, a boy turned into a cat
was told - When you don’t
know what to do – wash, don’t
know what to say – wash, don’t
know what’s going on – wash -

This advice works for me con-
versely, when I don’t know what
to do, I eat, don’t know what to
say, I eat, don’t know what’s
going on, I eat, my rounded
belly already resembling

An Indian genie amongst fast-food
restaurants, sitting on my bed I can
barely see across the wide expanse
of my equatorial waist to write my
notes, I am ready to break the
chain, instead of eating

I want to read, Colin Wilson explaining
healthy, highly motivated people live in
optimistic expectation, though given the
cramps in my distended belly, I suppose
I am not one of those…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...