Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moment Of Enchantment (Rev.)

*
My fairy wings have been destroyed
by bleach, I am no more A Midsummer
Night’s Dream sprite wearing the most
beautiful cobweb blouse, instead I’m
grieving like an earthbound flea

I was ethereal in the blouse but now a
moth-eaten caricature lost without its
silver sheen, eaten by allegory, lost to
symbolism gone too far to retrieve and
I cry in desolation of thwarted dreams

Old dreams die in symbolic irony, their
icons lost but the idea is safe in a pure
thought-form held eternally - my fairy
moments in the blouse will always shine
in my mind, captured in imagination

A moment of enchantment…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...