Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Micture of Creatures

*
I am a veritable mixture of creatures, my
brain is a crocodile snapping at me, my
stomach demands sugar with cockroach
tenacity, my mind reacts like a bear
in need of hibernation, as I remain
fatigued I suspect it is my annual
autumn experience of desire for
hibernation kicking in

There must be an overflow of bear genes in my
evolutionary gestation, I always fall asleep in
autumn, cannot remain awake without special
mixtures, sugar and sugar and sugar, oh wait
that is probably the cockroach in me, I feel
well for an hour at most and then droops
like a wilted flower, every year I
lament this phenomenon in writing

And as usual, there is no help
forthcoming…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...