Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Manipulatie Van Perminutus

*

The sun shining a spotlight on my sizzling new
yellow poppies contrasting with a glittering
white dragonfly on my computer screen -
better change into my leggings, wore my
pirate jeans for marching down the street
to the beat of Walking Back To Happiness
facing all obstacles happily

Twenty President letters returned, to be
checked, my favourite subject, endless
lists of pain and sorrow, no hope for to-
morrow, making me pray for the end of
the world; though I have lost hope, have
been praying for the end since I was
nine and I am still fine

Promises of imminent war by a German
Indigo angel on the Internet are just as
empty of content, time to start the Dutch
phytosanitary certificate, my head aches
when I look upon dead terms in fine print
Lilliputian writing at its best, reminiscing
about my favourite Dutch songs*

But I must return to my official Dutch text
‘Vooraf de post verwittigen en - gegevens
verstrekken, bestemmeling en bestemming
inlading, verklaring, toelating en zending
machtiging, voorschriften, verwittigen
producten, inspectie van montrouzieri
manipulatie van perminutus’


*‘Fraaie meisjes fraaie bloemen, al de meisjes
wil ik zoenen, kijk hoe mooi lyk hul vir mij, kan
ik al die nonnas krij’ ‘as die studente deur die
straat marsjere dan open de meisjes hul ven-
sters en deure, waarom ja daarom, waarom ja
daarom, bloot net vir pompelara pompelara ja’
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...