Friday, May 7, 2010

Dreaming on Stars

*

Herded into a hall, all provided with forms
declare yourself, justify your existence
where are you from, why are you in our
employ, can you manage yourself, can
you feed, clothe and drive where you
want to go

I am taught that I am a clerical and office
support worker, that I am tolerated because
someone has to man the office while senior
management travels about propagating the
ideals of arts and culture, spending their
budget on survival

So they count every cent they have to spend on
translation which is NOT our core function, our
function is to make lists and provide images
that look nice and sell our ideals, not fulfil
them; window-dressing, a million forms
monthly reports

Creating the impression that language is alive
and well while quietly decreasing diversity to
save money for higher purposes, travelling
constructing heritage sites, dreaming
on stars…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...