Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spiritual Pre-Birth Choice

*

With short-circuiting brain I went to French class
thoughts moving through layers of opaque glass
forcing all ideas through the black hole gaping in
my brain, could only retain any thought for one
milli-second, once I made a statement, I could
not recall my words and the professeur had to
help me to express everything; the effect of my
eating a breakfast of bacon and bread to which
I am allergic, all attempt at thinking impossible
due to faulty electrical wiring in my head

The allergy must be a spiritual pre-birth choice, it
keeps me humble and distraught so I seek small
corners in which to exist quietly, like a doll living
in someone’s pocket or the attic of an old house
not moving out of my small space on planet earth
looking at the world as reflected in words, enjoying
sweet sounds with more passion than others do
when I mentioned the devastating effect of poetry
all admitted they have no interest in making words
rhyme or listening to the rhythm of lines

With my allergy, I not only read words, but feel sound
reverberating in my soul, feel my heart singing and
burning while they live their lives directly, without
the intermediary of beautiful words describing life
in a lyrical song or a sad lament for love lost…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...