Wednesday, May 19, 2010

About Enduring Love

*
Edith Piaf insists we will be at French
class today – she has already
made copies of French songs

A French Missionary proves Biblical
similarity in French & Afrikaans from
Corinthians 13 about enduring love

French poet cites Victor Hugo’s ‘Demain,
dès l’aube’ while a German insists on
‘Schwissing’ of German ‘In stiller Nacht’

‘Schiff auf hoher See’ is soothing more
than harsh guttural French, ‘Qu’as tu
fait, pleurant sans cesse…’ ‘A l’époque’

I ask myself, which of these will attend
French class and will the sleepy bear,
angry crocodile and hungry cockroach
let them be in peace?

******

[EXPLANATION]

The French nightclub singer in me who
insists on attending French class today
has already made copies of French songs

The French Missionary wanting to prove
the Bible is similar in French and Afrikaans
copied I Corinthians 13 about enduring love

The French poet copied Victor Hugo’s ‘Demain,
dès l’aube’ while the German poet insists the
Schwissing sound of German ‘In stiller Nacht’

‘Schiff auf hoher See’ is more soothing than the
harsh guttural sounds of French, ‘Qu’as tu fait,
pleurant sans cesse…’ ‘A l’époque’

And I ask myself, which of these characters will
attend French class and will the sleepy bear,
angry crocodile and hungry cockroach

Let them go in peace?
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...