Sunday, October 17, 2010

Emotional Roller-Coaster

An emotional roller-coaster day, delighted on
discovering a story reminding of Pride and
Prejudice by Jane Austen, then shocked on
reading of the kind of cheap intrigues I refuse
to contemplate, I never watch movies or read
magazines that thrive on nastiness

Descriptions of deceit awakened memories of real
life experience, I started to feel nauseous, found
relief in sobs, then learnt mother’s ankle did not
heal, four months in a wheelchair ensconced in
plaster of Paris, she is weak and feels ill, painful
news - made me feel worse

As soon as the throbbing and nausea allow, I shall
read my book on Cosmology to calm my feelings -
must immerse my thoughts in other things, all
people know emotions are a waste of time, read
too many things that stirred my emotions today -
you laughed at my being upset

I am childish and it is useless, you say, and you are
right, I should be sensible, concentrating on duty
and work, lists and documents, blank out the rest
of the world, ignore memories, forget everything
in doing the job at hand – though easier said
than done…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...