Saturday, October 2, 2010

Images in my Head

Eating fresh strawberries with sugar for breakfast
not a good idea, felt sleepy, fought back with soup
à la grandma Alice, felt worse, after washing garden
chairs, tackled my documents, I am aghast, retyping
a bank statement with columns of numbers and all in
miniature font?

Alas, no chance, my poor, unsettled mind would never
allow me to accomplish such a terrible feat, I look at my
square of powder-blue felt with the purple azure of sequins
and lose my sense of chronology, I cannot settle on any-
thing, I must translate and I cannot, I want to read Seth and
discover the nature of reality

Yet I should work, I could finish gluing sequins on blue, but
my conscience revolts, I hate everything I HAVE to do while
everything I WANT to do is forbidden – I cannot think in terms
of a time sequence, doing everything one after the other, so
I stop trying and start looking for dream images to sing and
create images in my head…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...