Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Space For Joy

I believe every disappointment is the starting
point for some new joy, I believe pain is used
to polish the rough marble of our selfish selves
I believe that all experience is to our advantage

Seth says we change with every breath, when I
see this new face supposed to be mine, I agree,
when I looked at my own endeavours to reflect
the light I thought was beamed to me

I can see I tried my best to differentiate between
everything, when I replied and was told that I was
wrong, I rejoiced in my sobs because I know it is
good to open a new space for joy

When I collected Tiaan from school and he played
my favourite song I cried, you laughed at me, we
have him home for three years more, but this
holiday was a wake-up call, made me realize

I shall have to rebuild my life without Tiaan’s slap-
stick comedy and Nici’s superiority, no-one to make
me laugh about my own pedantic self, no-one to hide
my mug when I am making tea, to laugh at me

I always cry long in advance about future tragedy, I am
crying now, when they say goodbye one last time, I
shall be resigned – I hope and pray…

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...