Sunday, October 31, 2010

Heaven is Mine

Pessimism is hell, on the down part of life’s
escalator looking at pessimistic theories in
detail, pessimists create hell for themselves

When there is progress, they see degeneration,
when there is steady state, they see stagnation,
when things change, they fear extinction

When looking at the high age of the universe and
evidence of previous global catastrophes when all
was lost, just to find we are still here, I realize

There is nothing to fear, we are still going strong, new
life continually being born, nothing man has ever done
managed to destroy the earth, not even nuclear war

Even when previous civilisations were lost, new ones took
their place, pessimists cry about everything lost without
realizing that new things take their place all the time

Though I hate being exposed to their corrosive ideas, I
smile in joy, having been victimised in my youth when
pessimism was the staple of life, I have learnt

Simply by accepting the universe as benevolent and
not seeing it as a vale of tears, I left the hell of pessimism
and started living in the heaven of optimism

The world is a product of the mind and one day all will find
hell is a mind-state thought up by pessimists who want to
force humanity into despair

Following the evidence and theories of optimists, heaven
is mine, up the down escalator I go, good-bye!

Up the Down Escalator – Why the Global Pessimists
are Wrong, Charles Leadbeater, Penguin Books, 2003

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...