Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shine Returned

A perfect Saturday night, while you and Tiaan
are watching comedy shows on TV and Nici is
sleeping in her depression because she should
be learning, I am typing my translation, having
already slept on the couch during a boring show

We had our first real rain storm of the season, thunder
and lightning and wind, I read a few lines in ‘Wrinkles of
Time’ by George Smoot, but tonight - the wonders of
Cosmology fail to stir me, I shall return to Pratchett’s
Hogfather after this

There is a cold feeling of steel in my soul after spending
the evening translating, the same embittered resignation
of my school days when I spent weekends learning the
names of composers and their musical themes
playing them hesitantly on the piano

Wishing I could flee to a place where one could have fun
later I found that the kind found in night clubs and dances
were not for me, I even ran away from socials at university
to read my book somewhere in private

I love having a circus of activity in the background, the more
the merrier, as long as I can do my own thing – tonight I feel
down, ate too much chocolate cake and paying the price – but
I am surprised and delighted – the shine has returned

Music sounds sweet to me once again, I know whose words
have brought about this beautiful change, I am drifting off on
a soft, enchanting cloud of astral delight – nothing like the old
wild explosions that left me bereft in the end

This is something new, more lasting, more in line with the
precious gems I am amassing for infinity…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...