Monday, October 11, 2010

Exiled From Beauty

Ten new letters to the President, while still
suffering the aftereffects of malva pudding
and chocolate cake, the pressure in my head
pressing me down into the thick black sheet
of reality’s trampoline

I can’t jump up and down to look at the rosy
clouds of dreams, stuck in the molasses of
chemical imbalances, fighting madly for es-
cape, afraid my mind seems too weak to
tunnel through this black hole

And emerge into a new universe on the other
side, can't fall through the rabbit hole like Alice
in Wonderland, I have to use the wormholes of
reality postulated by Einstein, moving in another
dimension outside temporal space

Oh make haste and send your message, Oracle
of Delphi, send it by telepathy to let my inner senses
know victory will be mine in the end, I shall not remain
caught in the snare of corporeal existence for too long
exiled from the beauty

Of the original melody that called the universe into
existence, still responding to the harmonics of
Gregorian chant and bel canto song…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...