Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blight

Mind-blowing, the same group of customers
never yet received a reply to the endless steam
of letters inundating High Officials from Minister
to President, a repeat of the same complaints

They have no case, no valid argument, cannot
be served, their demands cannot be met, still
they continue their Don Quixote self-righteous
quest for their view of justice, every windmill of
official policy is taken on by them

We are paid to read the scripts they invent, to
translate their self-serving ideas and forward to
the incumbent of the High Official’s office who
ignores all with cold contempt – or red-hot
anger, how shall we ever know, no reply
pass our desks

I don’t mind playing hop-scotch for my livelihood
but to misuse language and time, money paid to
attorneys and advocates instead of taking care
of their loved ones - I cannot understand why
they waste their lives in this way

But no matter dear, this is the ‘blight
man was born for…’

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...