Monday, October 25, 2010

Just a Melody

I know you are being honest when
you say the words I love you, love is
abundant and we live in love, it is the
beginning and end of our being, it is the
essence of our soul and it is so easy

To love one another, the intrigue lies in the
control of the role that love plays in guiding
the acts and events of our lives, love without
wisdom and self-discipline leads to ruin and
confusion, you love me

Like you love all beautiful things - without in-depth
knowledge of my darker side; and I love you as a
poetic stranger who uses words as his tools, I see
your outline only - beautiful - but know not who
you are, what you think, where your thoughts go

When you are not thinking of me and without the
requisite knowledge, our love is feathery light and
dainty like fireflies, shimmering on dark, velvety
nights, but without substance, like all the dream
poems you write

I quickly took a look at your poetry and found only
a voice, lovely, sweet, a delight - nothing more - and
I realized, I am just a voice to you too, soft and unreal,
no substance within, just a melody, and I love such
exquisite melodies, enchanting the ears

It will take many years for the accompaniment to begin
the violins to sigh, the plaintive call of the wood
instuments, falling and rising chords...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...