Monday, October 11, 2010

Poetry Melody, Maiden's Prayer, Love

Poetry Melody

My mother is music, my father poetry
mother always played and sang to me
of fairies and prayer and love

My father told me stories of magical castles
and robbers and princes and castles and things
with his dreams so alive, so wonderful

I rhyme my father's words to the musical tune
that mother's songs composed in my heart
I wish that one day together they will find a way

To marry love's poetry with a musical melody
they both speak and sing of love so much, my
love for father and mother is growing so much

********************************

The Maiden’s Prayer –
A Loving, True Father
2 July 2007

My father made me a cassette
with The Maiden’s Prayer at my request
when I heard him listening to it –

my father’s love for me lives in that song
as I listened to it this morning,
variations on a single melody line, lines of
notes forming waves in my
mind – a piano playing repetitive chords,
like his repetitive words - never
varying the truth, as dependable as sunshine

Full of integrity, just as insistent as
these weaving lines – not once has he ever
broken his word, once given; not
once has he ever made false promises

A maiden never could have had
a more loving, true father; I sing along:
‘Ek onthou, ek onthou, ek onthou,
ek onthou, ek onthou, ek onthou- elke woord!'

(I remember every word)


********************************

Love Untainted
2 July 2007

Listening to Mozart’s Piano Concerto*
on the radio – violins are the light
of stars flickering, shimmering, the
piano says of the birth of a beautiful
love in the heart of a man; maimed in
its manifestation by callous hands,
its beauty never reaching the heart
of the beloved one. That love is still
untainted and as sweet as this lovely
composition: will the love of my father
for my mother endure until its revelation
in the life hereinafter –
enduring unto eternity…?

*Concerto No.21 in C

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...