Saturday, October 2, 2010

Compose a New Melody

Kept going all day, physical activity within
my own time and place, never withdrawing
into the small space at the back of my mind
not communing with my inner voice, no visits
to the inner place where beauty resides

Tonight I am paying the price: fatigue without a
means of escape, the door to my inner spirit is
closed, I want to withdraw inside and evaluate
my life, but I’m stuck on the outside - the usual
reaction to unhealthy food keeping me awake

I looked for a song to fill my heart but found myself
in an unmusical space where disharmony reigns, I
have to compose a new melody to recreate my being
and bring back my freedom; watching TV, a long
fairytale which makes no sense at all

The words that can convey the glory of Cosmology,
the way the universe came into being, the magic of
Quantum Mechanics, interaction of quantum energy
and matter, Astrogenetics and Astronomy, particle
Physics, particle accelerators that annihilate

To study traces of the fundamental forces –
all fail to stir my imagination, the pain in my
system stronger than spirit, must live through
this mechanical breakdown to get to a new
shore where life will begin again…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...