Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Wonder

Stuck, cannot visit Thea, the road to
Newcastle riddled with potholes to
such an extent, we cannot take a
chance with a conky prop-shaft
to be replaced

Your brain conked out, you passed
out on the couch, your heart too full
to contemplate not seeing your sister
again; we are so isolated, on our
own, the kids the only people

We see besides our colleagues - we
are both guilty of isolation, while I am
more to blame - I wish to meet people
who love reading and poetry and they
are so few and far between

There is little chance of meeting them
here; I want to sing in a choir, but only
once the kids have gone - no driving at
night – so that cannot happen; I love the
company of language people

But they are dedicated hermits - like I am,
I am scared of the computer savants that
you work with every day - we have each
other, if nobody else, we never lie to one
another and we fight for the kids

This is accomplishment enough - a wonder
when we regard the beauty of Nici and the
sharp wit of Tiaan, their emotional IQ which
is probably due to taking care of their mom
is very high, my clumsiness had good effect

If I understood the psychologist aright…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...