Monday, March 30, 2009

I Like Zechariah Sitchin, but…

31 March 2009: Part II - Donkeyskin took a book
with her as company for an ice-cream breakfast,
and it set her teeth on edge, once again.

I bought this book because I like Zechariah Sitchin,
but I HATE the style of writing of this author! His
arrogance and tone of infinite superiority make me
feel like strangling him and I disbelieve every word
he says, even when he quotes my beloved Sitchin!

His stupidity and near-sightedness in not seeing the
development from the ancient Babylonian clay tablets
– all 500 000 of them – to the sophistication of the
Biblical account which summarizes those tablets and
offers a view of growing moral insight; makes me want
to pluck the hair from my head.

This author has failed to extract anything worthwhile
from a conventional upbringing, toting his personal
conclusions as the beginning of a new religion – with
HIM as the originator, it is worse than anything that
has gone before - I abhor his new theory that man is
a slave species created by extraterrestrial intelligences.

I prefer the theory that man thinks up his own gods
according to taste; true development lies in ethereal
morality and beauty, not in base immorality as crudely
depicted in his dramatic clay tablets - all 500 000 plus
of them…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...