Monday, March 16, 2009

My Life As A Soap Opera

Let go, recommends the ethereal source,
don’t row against the flow, let go, happily
drifting downstream - meaning a quarterly
report – what I did when and with whom,
why and wherefore – now it makes sense,
I have to present my life like a soap opera,
that’s why I hate writing reports so much!

I hate all soapies on TV, hate melodrama
and intrigue, but every six months I must
present my work life as the most deplorable
soap box event; the officer, meaning me in
third person; translated official documents
that were duly checked, stamped, filed,
endorsed, e-mailed, faxed, and sent

She tore her hair from her head – see the
bald spots; she made a list of the lists that
had been made by her correspondents, then
made a list of all the lists in existence, she
checked the Internet then went to bed with
a headache in her head, they might assume
in her neck if not stipulated my friends -
every moment of every minute of every
hour of every day

Was spent in the right way… she should be
locked up and the key thrown away…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...