Monday, March 23, 2009

No Song To Sing

I have no gift to bring, I have no flowers
to give anybody, read a wonderful story
of a warm little world, but my eyes are tired,
cannot find a congenial soul when my own
spirit has fled, the escapism of my own
fairytales and daydreams is unattainable,
the prism in my head through which all
thoughts and feelings are pressed, is all
broken and bent by allergy symptoms –
and without freedom of mind I have nothing,
cannot colour the world around me with
warmth, cannot escape the pressure and
pain in my head, cannot complain to anybody
because it is not uplifting to them, typing
words on a page, at times like these it would
be such a big help if an adrenaline-filled
event could happen so I could wake from
my listless lethargy and either help someone
or save the world, but the world is perfectly
benevolent, my darlings are safe and nobody
needs me, it is night and the hour of repose,
everybody is sleeping except me, and I cannot
contact anybody because I have no gift to
bring, no comforting words, no song to sing,
and even worse, I cannot hear a nightingale
sing, my ears are clogged by the allergy, the
swelling makes listening difficult, what a litany
of horrible symptoms, enough to make the
reader wish they could send a paid assassin
to take me out of this world, yet I’m still alive
which simply proves that I have not completed
my work on earth, there must be someone
somewhere who has need of my grumbling
and sorrow, who wants to hear Whispering
Hope crooned in a reed-thin voice, or who
has to be driven to despair by my terrible
attempts at yodeling, and when I feel strong
again, I shall address my family’s problems
and make it worse, of course, feeling self-
righteous in seeing their small mistakes while
overlooking my own scarlet sin with a wicked
grin, I’m sure that I have not gained mastery
over emotions as yet – and unless I do that,
I’ll have to return to earth through reincarnation,
hell and damnation, if only I could prevent
that from happening; I’d love to become a
another kind of life-form with a new kind of
consciousness - in a new dimension!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...