Monday, March 9, 2009

Terry Pratchett Is A Drome* Himself

Would it help if I tried really hard to concentrate
on assignments waiting on my desk, instead of
continuing adventures in my head to such an
extent I can’t focus my thoughts on endless
lists with nonsensical content?

I get paid to do meaningless work, not to sit here
contemplating eternity and the inter-subjectivity
of consensus reality, yet there is a blockage in my
mind, it manifests as a swelling in my ears; I can’t
bypass it to open my eyes in reality

I’m caught in a dream woven by a drome – does
Terry Pratchett know he is a drome himself and spins
webs of dreams that catch unwary readers like me and
then we can’t return to reality? Once I’ve passed the
threshold of sublime delight

I can’t turn back and it might take a day or more to calm
my mind and get my eyes back on reality, I’m not bright
at planning and overcoming things like Tiffany, I’m a
dreamer who believes in the power of visions
to change reality…

Terry Pratchett “The Wee Free Men” Doubleday 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind in my reading this week. The poems you left at shadow of iris were very lovely and beautiful. I had more to say than that, type up a comment, and thought that I had posted it, but it's not there now, so I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, I am going to add Terry Pratchett to my authors that need to be read this year. Best wishes!

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...