Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happily Accepting The Downside Of Life

Oh what coincidence, or synchronicity, swollen
eyes today, and the word of the day on Wordsmith
is Snake Eyes; ‘a throw of two ones with a pair of
dice, the lowest score, feels like treachery’ – I’m as
ugly as sin, as mute as a beast, hiding the effects
of the things I eat, telling Hanlie a joke, helping
Jane fix her computer, carefully avoiding my
document, unwilling to accomplish anything, scared
I might suspect the world is not as bad as it seems
to be, today I cherish my misery, glad to understand
how negative, depressed people feel all the time,
it affords me the opportunity to write limericks and
silly rhymes, trying to find sense to infuse into my
meaningless suffering, hating my friends and
acquaintances for being inaccessible, protected by
my sense of ethics and spiritualism – I’m not allowed
to download my misery on them, hating my sense
of homemade ethics and mixed New Ageisms,
changing gears, stomach beginning to burn, low
blood sugar, hunger – just eating can ruin this day
even more, send the toxins cruising through my
system again - time to become an Epicurean-Stoic
once more, happily accepting the downside of life
philosophically, resigned in giving up hope for
a normal life…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...