Friday, March 20, 2009

Write A Morality Play

Friday afternoon - I can’t concentrate on
questionnaires ad infinitum, don’t even want
to read my book; want to go outside and run
about, marching to the beat of the Radetsky
March, waltz on my way home, my thoughts
haven’t found a focal point, started this morning
with a hefty episode in the life of my heroine,
tumbled into a strange day and left her at the
wrong time, the moment was not concluded,
she’s still right there where I left her and now
her plight is reaching my mind, if only I could
shut her into a compartment and finish my job
before deciding the outcome of her adventure –
or rather, before recording the outcome – since
she’s in charge, I don’t have a say, she insists
on a positive outcome, but I never know exactly
whether it is positive if she gets her own way,
being her creator I’m looking for a wise outcome,
a long-term success story, while she desires
short-term excitement and glory, there is a tug
of war between me and my characters, they
want fun while I want to write a morality play….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...