Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Scene From A Siberian Prison

Soon I’m going to explain to my colleague Jane
that she must NOT smile if there is nothing to
smile about, to smile in apology is seldom right,
makes people angry and they might lash out in
spite – listening to the sweet comforting melody
of Peer Gynt – maybe I’ll just let her be, she is
very sweet and kind without any malice and her
presence gives me a chance to keep my focus
on my work instead of falling into concentration
deficit syndrome; but noisy modulated colleague
on my other side is speaking up again and Peer
Gynt is not loud enough, nor accompanied by
by drums, to drown out the sound of her voice

I need to find an exceptional book to read while
watching rugby this afternoon, could never tackle
such an event unarmed, sitting there without
reading material is source for alarm, I had better
eat something well in advance so there is no chance
of low blood sugar or allergic confusion which might
led to boredom and the impossibility to sit still,
better wander a bit before the start so sitting
won’t be too awful, at the Gr 8 inauguration event
I couldn’t sit any more in the end and it changed
the ceremony into a scene from a Siberian prison
camp to me – I don’t want to go through that again…

I’m forced to listen to Obladih-Obladah to drown out
that self-satisfied voice again… Goodbye Peer Gynt,
it was a nice few moments spent with you…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...