Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tiaan Insists On Playing Rugby


While Nici is happily entwined in the
melodramatic soapy of her friends,
reporting who did what to whom and
falling in love with whoever and why,
Tiaan insists on playing rugby and I
dislike it, the boys hurt each other and
it is unnecessary injuries – but Tiaan
is glowing with happiness in being
part of the team, his dad is coaching
him, my wishes would only hold him
back, so I sigh and read my book
and pray for his safety – while being
a very bad mom to Nici, cannot stand
listening to melodrama, can easily
escape it on TV, but what to do when
she insists on telling me – luckily her
dad listens to the dramatic doings
of the youth with interest, making me
feel guilty, I should become more
considerate and listen to what people
say instead of seeking refuge in a book...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...