Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Than A Thousand Words

Obligingly the sun pulled his hot face
away, taking a break behind scattered
clouds so I can walk to the library without
suffering in the heat, nearly lunch time
and I can exchange Caroline Clooney’s
“Family Reunion” for a fantasy tale, family
stories can be adorable and the little boy
with a mannequin leg as storing space was
great, but the taste of reality was too strong
in her depiction of relationships, I don’t want
to spend emotional energy on an escapist
book, prefer anything to do with fantasy,
the crisp, clear lines of legend and mythology
or Biblical allegory, I’m looking for a beautifully
illustrated Fairy Tales - in the mood for
enchanting pictures that mean more
than a thousand words…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...