Thursday, March 26, 2009

Perrault Is A Blood-Thirsty Fiend

Early morning life all confusion after beautiful dreams
of dolls, doll houses, sparkling glitter and steam train
sets, and one special doll with a porcelain face, yet
this is work and the constraint is to produce a certain
number of pages per day, the dream of dolls must be
put aside and the march must begin, while I am all
confused by Perrault’s version of my beloved Fairy
Tales, I got to know them as relayed by the Brothers
Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson, but Perrault
loves murder and mayhem and sends out characters
to die ignominious deaths, Bluebeard and Italian
princes trying to kill their wives, Red Riding Hood
getting eaten by the wolf, no woodcutter intervening,
I resonate more with the Anglo-Saxon spirit revealed
in English Fairy Tales, exemplified by Lewis Carroll -
Perrault is a blood-thirsty fiend, where is the chivalry
of an Antoine Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince) and a
Gaston Leroux (Phantom of the Opera)?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...