Monday, May 4, 2009

Higher Procedural Prowess

June is indefatigable, while I’m staring
in silent elation at my discolouring skin,
enjoying the transposition brought about
by the joyous experience of freezing, she
is opening e-mails, forwarding and making
lists, instructing us to make lists also, com-
piling lists from our lists and making a final
list for the managers who can’t get enough,
counting numbers and figures, computing
statistics; sending templates and running
about, exhorting all to higher procedural
prowess and greater administrative glory;
I’m sorry to say I’m not in the same high
class of ambitious bureaucracy; I’m so
delighted by this moment of ice-cold
slowing of the movement of time, my
soul suspects higher portents and
deeper meanings, avidly awaiting
the world’s end…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...