Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hope For The Best 6 May 2009

In desperation for getting out of myself
and sharing ideas, went for a chat with
Alet and told her about the one casualty
on street with my heavy-duty umbrella

How my one and only snowflake melted
by building too many houses and how my
brother went away and how General Kar-
poesjin planned on getting married

And fell silent after we all congratulated him –
all the members of his adoring harem – and
how I was plagued by allergy symptoms this
weekend and queried the request

For comments on well-received, generally
acclaimed and highly-rated poems, how our
local celebrity poet at work is presenting a
seminar on the infinite longing for love

Where the lovers are writing on each other –
which is fine, but I prefer a longing for infinite
love that will never stop – and writing a story
on an electronic medium is more sensible

Than writing on skin – unless it is done in blood,
of course, then one can become a character in
a novel by Terry Pratchett and be a vampire
joining the Vampire’s AA

Singing songs about reformation; only chocolate
and coffee, no more blood… and Alet said she
was sure Karpoesjin would rise again from the
wedding to a love in his harem

And entertain the rest of the adoring crowd of
women; and my brother will return from walkabout
in the underveld and the snowflake will rest from
building houses sometime soon

So let’s hope for the best….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...