Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On The Right Track

We’ve reached the part where Anoia, god-
dess of things that get stuck in drawers,
are annoyed because the god of storms
always rained on her lava

She commiserated with Tiffany because
her beau had looked at another girl’s wa-
tercolours - my accents are growing
worse, only Tiffany is pure

While Anoia is satisfyingly annoying, I’m trying
to warn Nici about her first beau – right now it
is all stars and kisses and ‘can’t let you
go’- but I warn her

Not to look too deep into his eyes, to remember
they are NOT Romeo and Juliette – she thinks
she is wise; I encourage her, saying this is just
practice; her dad wants to know

Whether she isn’t tired of him as yet – she should
get another beau – he does not want her to get
attached; Saturday they are going to watch rugby,
I would NEVER have done that in my youth

So she MUST be on the right track, I suppose…

Terry Pratchett "Wintersmith"

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...