Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Giants And Fairies Are Dancing

As I drove the kids to school today
they played cell-phone songs to me
“Forgive me Delilah - just another two
years at school” - Bon Jovi “I just wanna
live while I’m alive - I ain’t gonna live
forever!” and “Just another brick in the
wall” and I smiled, what uplifting ideas
before starting school

I felt glorious and rich for having kids that
put me in touch with their reality, when we
said goodbye I drove away listening to FM
Classic, the age divide means nothing to us,
we listen to all kinds of music together, they
know I like songs where the singer is calm
and then gets hysterical about something
before calming down –

They actually approve of my classical music
where giants and fairies are dancing in
Wonderland – well, that’s what
I told them…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...