Monday, May 4, 2009

A Matter Of Presentation

I carry the memory of beauty in me,
I have ‘Only You Can Save Mankind’,
‘Anastasia Morningstar’, ‘The Ordinary
Princess’ and ‘Door in the Air’ by Margaret
Mahy at the ready – but the silence in me
is overwhelming, the feeling that I’m alone
on an island simply because I don’t want
to talk to anyone – simply because there
is nothing to say

I can think of people I would like to talk to,
but they are not here, cannot give answers
to questions that baffle me, such as why I
can’t read a propaganda site without going
nuts; why I cannot concentrate today – it
feels as if I’m doing something wrong when I
concentrate on the messages received from
the one-eyed Cyclopian Interpol, he has a
single red shining eye

And a terrible desire to clobber all criminals
over the head and incarcerate them for eternity,
while I ask myself why these people went astray
in the first place and what would I have done
in their shoes – just criticizing from one side
is so self-righteous – and some of the worst
criminals live as jolly politicians – it is all a
matter of presentation – aha, this is why I
detest the propagandists

Who present my favourite mysteries like slogans
for conflicts and new religions - whereas I love to
ponder the strange and occult quietly, without
shouting down opposing viewpoints as wrong,
even materialism and status-quo positivism
have a right to exist, these esoteric prophets
cannot assume the cloak of verity while they
are just as much in the dark as everyone else
- At least this soliloquy

Counteracted the silence in my mind
a little bit…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...