Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thirst For Mental Liberty

We are in-between documents, Jane is
studying administrative guidelines, pre-
paring the ponderous production sheet,
I am furtively reading the Nun’s Story

Suddenly I realized how easily anyone can be
classified as mentally insane - how fine the
line between so-called normal behaviour
and the deranged, scared men in white

Would lock me away if I did not toe the line
and do everything just right, but it is too late
to aim for reform, I thirst for mental liberty,
I can’t turn back into a lackey

Of routine jobs and formality; the most difficult
thing to do is escape from life once the mind has
stopped functioning, Wayne Dyer recommends
we should practice dying in meditation

Feel ourselves moving into the light, leaving the
physical world behind, making it easy to accept
the transition that is inevitable for us all – I’m
sure the mentally deranged in the asylum

Where Sister Luke worked, were longing for
death to set them free from the emotional
and physical pain they endured…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...