Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cinnamon in Ground Coffee

Enraptured within the golden bauble encapsulating
me and my storybook, adding salt to the emaciated
bacon prepared with a secret recipe to destroy all
taste, burying the yellow sponge camouflaged as
scrambled eggs in layers of salt to muffle the
outrage experienced by my taste buds

I read the protagonist’s frogs where taken to the
workroom of his friend’s author mom who liked
them so much since she could recognize their
individual personalities, when she typed they
kept quiet, when she read her lines aloud
their eyes were fastened on her face

The taxi-driver who brought them fixed the leaking
tap and taught the author-mother to add cinnamon
to the ground coffee, I am ecstatic, after explaining
all this to the smiling manager he wants to know
what music I like, Mozart of course, he recom-
mends listening to Anna Davel and I agree

While comfortably enveloped in the joyful golden
light of my enchanting story…


"The Facts and Fictions of Minna Pratt" - Patricia
MacLachlan

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...