Thursday, August 19, 2010

Light-Hearted Bantering

Started reading the Facts and fictions of
Minna Pratt this morning, every sentence
like a beautiful pearl, refined and polished,
from Minna reflecting on her only life making
me wonder why I always have a myriad myself

To her desire for a vibrato on her cello, here we
are the same, I always dream of a Jenny Lind
voice when singing, to her fear of boredom should
she run out of people to talk to and things to count,
I mostly fear lack of books and new melodies

Reading and dreaming is so much easier than
analysing the confounding intrigues of a long-
winded account of criminals who pulled a James
Bond on one each other without showing the reader
the exciting action and faces of all concerned

Though as I read I can see Sean Connery haughtily
descending on them and condescendingly blowing
their Goldfinger-type organisation apart while making
ironic comments, meaningless in their light-hearted
bantering tone and unruffled self-confidence

Away, away, let me return to the fray, I cannot reflect
and reminiscence all day, let me back to the text where
every second sentence confuses my brain and cripples
my mind, still entranced by Chris Riddell’s Ottoline and
the Yellow Cat with its lovely illustrations…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...