Thursday, August 26, 2010

Magical Scientific Discovery

Looked at the projects of pupils at the Science
Expo in mesmerized wonderment, they read all the
esoteric Internet sites and summarized the details

One boy won a gold award for his project on vibrations
and sound, explaining with pictures and personal notes
that ancient Hebrew and Sanskrit were proven to be

sacred languages by a voice pronouncing their sound
through a tonoscope, forming sand spread on a vibrating
material into their written form; the boy replicated

experiments by looking at patterns forming in salt spread
on tight plastic set into vibration by the right Hertz volume
of sound off-loaded from the Internet, he made his own

drawings of the oscillation patterns he saw; explaining how
the three-dimensional forms we know came about; I can only
marvel at such discoveries in epiphanies of feelings

Cannot replicate scientific experiments, nor follow prescribed
rules for objective presentation, I can only exult in odes with
hallelujahs and exclamation marks to express overflowing

emotions; poets disliking modern science do not read poems
about it while scientists disliking descriptions of feelings in
poetry do not read it also, I sing my song of praise

all by myself, Hail Jenny’s Tonoscope, Hail Chladni, Hail
Quantum Physics, Hail Enthusiastic Young Pupils, Hail
Magical World of Scientific Discovery

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...