Friday, August 6, 2010

Killing the Moment

The chicken mayonnaise sandwich I had this morning is
killing the contemplative moment, it seemed clever to eat
something that would cause just a breathing problem, but
no, it has become a thinking disturbance, muscles
and veins tightening

Painkillers push the pain into a tight orb on the side of
my head, my feelings and emotions dead, a red excla-
mation mark left in my chair: my theories are brilliant
my plans for a good weekend stupendous, yet nothing
lifts the headache

No production ahead as I cling to my chair so as not to
fall over, once again gluttony wins, only fasting has a
chance of keeping the balance, too late for such in-
sights now, not even Seth’s wisdom can rectify this
problem, right after

I brilliantly succeeded in giving myself a pep-talk that had
my heart singing and believing in faith - now right here in
this red-hot moment, faith in goodness has grown cold
and ineffective, nothing stirs the blackened embers of
my emotions and feelings

Extinguished by the food allergy…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...