Saturday, August 21, 2010

Exult in Exalted Position

I did so well today, reading about Theosophy
then the Expo, I looked around, you called me
away as I was talking to young enthusiasts
about Membrane and String Theory

Your botched title only got you a bronze for a
project meriting silver; I dozed in the sun for as
long as I could before tackling my documents - all
being so tragic and strange

A lady without a room asking the President to
give her one; a man with a common-law-wife who
lost his job and did harm to his stepson - You driving
to and from the Expo - watching painful rugby on TV

Why do people allow life to happen to them - cannot
they read and see that having a common-law-wife
without a fixed job is dangerous, cannot they com-
pute that bearing ten children without an income

Is bound to lead to hunger and suffering, cannot people
decide to have no more kids if they cannot provide for
them; are they like animals – NO, animals never bear
young ones when they cannot provide

Only humans procreate without an eye towards the
future: we are LOWER than animals, religionists love
to exult in mankind’s exalted position as crown of creation
while at the same time deploring man’s base nature

Procreation without any future envisioned for the offspring -
why do we think life without planning is worthwhile – it is not,
yet people still carry on as if there were no tomorrow…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...