Thursday, August 12, 2010

Seething Fires

Damn and blast, last night lengthened my life
by a hundred years, I was so happy washed in
adrenaline, luckily tonight will detract fifty years
because everything is going wrong, I was too tired
to concentrate, left my black top at DIRCO, heaven
knows what this acronym stands for, point is
my top is lost, tragedy indeed

I came home after a hectic day and said the wrong
things, then another and another, now I am in so
deep, I don’t even bother to apologise, I surmise
you are fed-up with scatter-brained me, and you
should be, I did not do very well, did not explain
anything at all, I was so self-satisfied on comple-
ting a list on statistics, floating over the earth

But real life brought me down, you kindly explained my
hair looked awful, thank you; after working last night, it
is all I needed to make my happiness complete, Tiaan
concurred but Nici demurred; thank heaven, a daughter
who is on my side, she pointed out how you hated every
hairstyle she ever tried, besides, nobody cares what I
look like, only Nici and I

Seth declared we create circumstances by envisioning
them, I shall envision a great day tomorrow, if it does not
come to pass – should I suffer sorrow, at least I will have
the memory of tonight, if people are dissatisfied because
of my Freudian mistakes, I shall apologise; I am trying to
reform, trying to become the image of the kind old matron
held by destiny for me, it takes a lot of imagination

To see me dignified in my mind’s eye - it is a challenge
I am willing to face, I want to look like everyone else on
the surface, the better to protect the seething fires of
dreams underneath!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...