Monday, August 16, 2010

Total Confusion

I am sure my sister has a split personality
just like me, when I called, following the
rules of protocol, repeating her own words
to show I heard what she said previously

She claimed not to know what I was talking
about - Have you solved your accounting
problems, I asked, referring to previous
claims of needing a qualified accountant

To sort out the chaotic system and clients
- Nonsense, she replied, the system has
always been fine, only one client had a
query I sorted myself - Oh, I said,

Dumbfounded, then asked - Why are you going
back to visit the hospital when they have been
nasty, thinking of the superintendent revealing
confidential information

Poppycock, she disdainfully replied, only one
sister was disagreeable, I had no problems
with the rest - in silence I remembered her
claiming that she had to get away

Oh, I floundered, I must have misunderstood -
This is how a lot of our conversations end, total
confusion, she hints we should come visit, but
I do not have a clue who I shall find

Her first, second or third self; I do not know
who I would be, my sanguine, melancholic
or choleric self, only one thing is certain:
whoever we are, we shall clash about

Who said what, where and when…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...