Friday, August 20, 2010

Floating About

I realize, reading my book standing in line,
the same facts are presented in all uplifting
material we come across, from religious to
spiritual to philosophy, from psychology and
history to children’s stories and fairy tales

The essential message is the magic is in us
when we decide to make free choices instead
of waiting for life to happen to us, I am amused
because the source and presentation determine
how we react to this basic information

When we come across this recommendation in
heavy religious tomes a lot of us turn away, when
read in sour philosophy texts we feel depressed,
but when presented in a spiritual context or more
aptly, in an illustrated children’s book

Some like me drink in the magical message and
apply it with immediate results, security guards
laughing like the sun coming up, café owners
presenting with sky-blue eyes, other drivers
giving way when I charge by full speed

Although Colin Wilson and Pragmatists point this
out and call it higher consciousness, their words
do not make a lasting impression, but when Alice
in Wonderland and Frances Hodgson Burnett
present the same message

My spirit rises from my body and enjoys floating
about in the air, filled with the delight of knowing
itself as magnetic electricity manifesting in an
illusionary physical body in a beautiful play
scripted together with so many others…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...