Monday, August 2, 2010

Leo Buscaglia’s Books

*
Fear stirring again, fear that pain will not stop, I must
find a way of embracing pain like Charlotte Bronte
explained, crush it in my hand like a scorpion until
the poison is spent and my hand is numb

Learn to be resigned with my limitations, to be grateful
for everything, fear cannot run my life, I cannot confide
in anyone lest they should share the feeling of failure
with me, success lies in cold discipline

If Charlotte Bronte could survive her lonely Brussels stay
I can work through my lonely spells also, if I eat the right
things, I will feel well again, must not allow unhappiness
to keep me back, if Kathryn Hulme’s nun got through

The terrible discipline of convent life, I can do the same, when
I tell my sorrows to someone I suffer their well-earned censure
surely I can learn to keep my own counsel and how to accept
responsibility for my own problems

Fear is irrational, pain is short-lived, I shall be well again, the
allergy will make me strong, I shall read Leo Buscaglia’s books
and wrap myself in the warmth of his enthusiasm and love…
*

2 comments:

RJ Thomas said...

Thank you for sharing this. I share a birthday with Charlotte Bronte and adore Leo Buscaglia after watching his lecture, “The Art of Being Fully Human” :-)

Margaret Alice said...

Thank you for the comment, I love the passion and enthusiasm in Buscaglia's books and adore Charlotte Bronte.

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...