Thursday, August 5, 2010

Curiosity, Adventure, Growth

I rejoice in faith, rejoice in finding my
dream of faith vindicated by others, in
reading uplifting words that rekindle
my hope and give me new life:

“Faith is active and passive, acting as
stimulant and tranquilizer promoting
biological changes, ensuring health
and vitality, pulses quickened or
slowed, hormones activated or
quieted

Faith elicits biological responses by its
optimism, safety, freedom, returning
us to the curiosity, adventure and
growth of our childhood”

“In looking for answers, we may
ignore all authorities with
whom we have already
wasted so much time”


*************************************
Summary of material found at:

http://www.nirvikalpa.com/dbcontnt.php?page=faith

Seth by Jane Roberts - William James "Faith" Essay

Excerpt from "The Afterdeath Journal of an
American Philosopher", by Jane Roberts

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...