Monday, August 9, 2010

Hang-Dog Beatle Look

Cutting one’s own hair is a form of self-mutilation,
a hairdresser remarked many clients told her how
they cut themselves on the inside of their legs to
divert the pain of heartbreak asking for razors to
be used to this end

I understand, physical sensation hurts less than
emotional pain, promises create great expectations,
disappointment is an unbearable ache, glamour people
like Amy Winehouse use the same expedient, Lindsay
Lohan needs drugs and drink

They illustrate the universal human dilemma in a world
without cure for heartache, everyone looks for a solution,
personally I prefer disfigurement by hair, after a visit to
the hairdresser I resemble the sixties Beatles, Ringo
Starr or Paul McCartney, the worse for wear

I cannot cut myself deliberately, the Santoku knife cutting
into my finger so that the pain still reverberates through my
whole being when I bump my wound, it sliced into the bone,
is enough evidence I am not brave enough to deaden mental
pain with its physical counterpart

A terrible sixties hang-dog Beatle look is quite enough, Tiaan
says it does not look worse than before while Nici says it looks
awful, and I agree, it symbolises the way I feel…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...