Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Black Carducci Suit

Tiaan’s potjiekos was a great success, he says
Nici announced that she is going to a ball, Willem
has a black Carducci suit, Nici shall have a dress
made with a low back, she stipulated, we shall
hunt for a dressmaker, hairstyle and shoes

Next week it is the ‘wildsfees’ [venison] at school
the kids are living the social life I never led, I am
so glad they are not hampered by our unsocial
life, they are wholeheartedly involved in school,
Nici and Tiaan both made friends – I never did

Today Karin, my boss, commented favourably on
my new hairstyle, I was surprised, nobody else
bothered at all, she approved - though I am so
scared of my work, it is going well; even if my
boredom threshold is an obstacle, it seems

Most of my colleagues accept me, hubby busy
preparing dinner, Tiaan barbecuing the meat, I
am typing; it is not fair, I suppose, but they allow
me to type at this time, what delight, it makes me
worthwhile also!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...