Friday, August 6, 2010

Too Much Imagination

Obviously the words of faith and optimism,
joyous anticipation and happy expectation
were not meant for me, everything I looked
forward to fell flat on its face, I know Staal
Burger has no intrinsic value, it serves as a
bridge to the past - the film is terrible –

It is the group of people who were bound by
the story that is important to me, to be alone
with the bare outline does not work, it is the
memories evoked by the sounds that have
importance, no wonder Tiaan and Nici turn
away in disgust, they never knew

The warm feeling of comfort as the episodes
united us when we were small, and I know
GPS directions spoken by Staal Burger would
evoke the best feelings ever, I wish it could be
arranged; besides high expectations are meant
for people with small imaginations

I always go into overdrive and dream up a storm
disappointment is guaranteed when I am involved
I shall immediately lower my ideals to wishing we
will have no argument again all weekend long, it is
my fault that I did not have a cell-phone and could
not reply when I drove off at night to find the children

Only to discover they were gone already, you were
right in your anger, hurling accusations at me for being
the most irresponsible person you know - I was such a
fool to have harboured high expectations for life given
the lovely effect of faith and hope; I should have known
a realistic hope for less problems is the only possibility

For a dreamer like me, disillusionment is painful, I
accept the guilt is all mine, rant and rave as much as
you like, high hopes were never meant for me, I have
too much imagination…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...