Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plus Jamais Comme Avant

I was miserable and fatigued, nothing I consumed
– information and foodstuffs - seemed to provide
energy, found Anne Duquesne and suddenly
my situation seemed to have meaning:

“Rien ne sera plus jamais comme avant“
[=Nothing will be the same as it used to be]

Anne writes: “Rien ne se déroule comme je l’imaginais.
Les innombrables symptômes de l’ascension se sont
abattus sur moi, de telle sorte que je ne peux lever le
petit doigt sans devoir déployer un effort colossal
complètement hors de proportion avec le résultat
escompté.“

“En relisant la liste de ces symptômes, je les retrouve
pratiquement tous:“

“Vous n’avez envie de rien faire“
[=You have no desire to do anything]

Yesssss, this is ME, to a T!

“Lorsque nous nous sentons comme cela, nous sommes
en période de repos, de réinitialisation.“

“Notre corps sait ce dont il a besoin. Dans ces périodes,
vous pouvez avoir le sentiment d’avoir perdu votre passion
et votre joie, et de ne pas savoir ce que diable vous voulez faire
de votre vie. “

Mais oui, but yes, absolutely, this is exactly how I feel, I thought
the month of August was out to kill me with pollen and other
terrible seasonal things, and here this brave author, writing
an article in French, tells me my life and interprets it
beautifully

I so often lose my passion and vision, joy and meaning, and here
she says it is a well-known and propitious phenomenon, zut alors,
I need no longer sit in sackcloth and ashes because of the blackness
in which I find myself

“Cette phase survient lorsque nous sommes en train de nous
réaligner “

So, this is a phase of realignment and we need the time of
quiet repose to let the process complete itself? I used to run
to the doctor and drink medicines and pills and cry unto heaven
whenever this terrible lethargy came upon me

“Aux niveaux plus élevés, beaucoup de choses se réalignent
aussi. Elles sont mises en place afin que vous soyez prêt
lorsque vous avancerez à nouveau.”

And many other things are also realigned and everything is
prepared so we are all ready when we start moving forwards
again? What wonderful information, giving me a new perspective
on the situation

“Puisque vous êtes incapable de le faire vous-mêmes,
demandez à l’Univers de vous apporter ce que vous voulez.
Et sachez que pendant le processus on prend toujours soin
de vous, même si parfois ça n’en a pas l’air.“

Well, I never, at least this author explains how to live through
this crisis while waiting for realignment to be complete so that
I can breathe again, I was planning on self-flagellation to set
my inactive mental motor racing again

“Après mille tergiversations toutes plus épuisantes
les unes que les autres, je n’ai d’autre choix que celui
de me rendre. Stop. Pas d’engagements. Pas d’obligations
ne serait-ce que vis-à-vis de moi-même“

Ah, sweet music to my ears, to stop, to undertake no more
obligations, to give oneself permission to just be in existence
without pretense of hard work, tears and self-contempt,
to be like a flower sucking up the sun – things make
sense in this lovely perspective

“Accepter de ne pas savoir ce que sera l’instant d’après. »

To accept without rebellion and question, to rest in the
eternal benevolence of life unfolding – what wonderful bliss

“Écouter encore davantage les demandes de mon corps
(du repos, encore du repos, toujours du repos) et de mes
cellules - accepter de mettre à jour et d’alimenter le blog
uniquement quand je m’y sentirai poussée sans aucun
effort, et tant pis pour les dates... Accepter de ne pas
vous donner l’image parfaite de celle-qui-répond-
quasi-instantanément-aux-e-mails... “

Anne says she feels her body needs rest – my goodness
I thought I was the only crocodile in need of hibernation
now this esoteric lady claims it is the prerequisite of
this seasonal phase – working only when the body
allows one to – well, my body certainly switched
off completely, I hated myself for being so
sluggish, but apparently, it is healthy

“Cette nécessaire reddition m’est apparue clairement
aux aurores ce matin, après pas mal d’heures
d’insomnie. “

I am so glad she felt the need for rest after a night of
insomnia, the bane of my life, I thought I was the
worst Taugenichts this world had ever seen, and
here is the proof it is a common human
phenomenon

“Si vous vous sentez désespérés ou épuisés ce
mois-ci, encore une fois, vous pouvez savoir que
quelque part au fond de vous, vous êtes en train
de résister à la vérité, ou de nier ce qui se passe
vraiment, en train d’essayer de vous accrocher
au passé. »

Oe lá lá, I felt such despair, discouragement and
fatigue this month, now she quotes another claiming
it means we are resisting the truth, whatever it may be,
to deny what is really happening and trying to hold on to
the past. Well, this is food for thought indeed, what am I
so bent on denying and resisting? I tried eating different
food, so maybe it is not that exactly, and changed my
hairstyle, letting the past go, and no more writing
passionately to all and sundry, becoming sedate -
I trust I am on the right track, all the same?

“Si vous vous retrouvez épuisés ce mois-ci,
continuez à chercher dans quelle partie de
votre vie ou du monde qui vous entoure
vous maintenez une résistance, ou
dans quel domaine vous
persévérez dans le
déni. »

So, if I keep feeling fatigued, I must remove
resistance from my life and world and not deny
the truth of reality? Hmmmm, open to interpretation…

“Si vous faites cela, vous ne pourrez pas
ne pas découvrir les vérités qui vous libéreront.“

And when I discover the truth, should I proclaim
it or keep quiet in case other people do not like it?
Forsooth, what to do with the truth? Clobber
someone over the head?

“Retrouvez l'espoir qui est votre droit de naissance
en cette période d’évolution rapide, très énergique
et passionnante de l'histoire de l'humanité.“

Oh dear, this is the crux of the matter: I do not know
what to hope for, I do not know what will further my
cause, I dream of Gothic novels and then reject my
fantasies tout suite, I fantasize of great events and
then my heroine runs away, scared of heartbreak,
even my fictitious characters will not stay

I am ashamed to admit, I am scared of Hope right
now, it is atrocious, I fear l’éspoir which is mon droit
de naissance – I think I lived without hope for so
long, I have lost the habit to make it realistic and
strong…

Then Anne admits on her own behalf:

“Il est certain que je résistais, probablement à un
changement de ma mission, en voulant m’accrocher
à son ancienne forme parce que je n’ai aucune idée
de ce que sera la nouvelle, avec mon arrivée ici... “

I understand Anne’s lament, I also hang onto the old
and well-known because I cannot imagine what a new
form and expression would be like…

Anne announces she will work “selon l’inspiration du
moment“ – and it seems to me a brilliant plan, her
words inspired me to abandon myself to a period
of repose and inactivity with less fear, at least…


Quoted directly from an article - with my
own comments - found at:

http://www.anneduquesne.com

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...